My family and I had an amazing time in Atlantic City this past weekend. We stayed at the Revel on an amazing deal. But we have been inside all winter. We used this skin care and sun tan lotion to keep our skin healthy while we were outside.
I really had fun trying out these new products made with USDA Organic Algae. The sea minerals were my favorite to make some sun burn on my face feel cool without being sticky.
Blemish Balm is a non-greasy moisturizer, which firms and hydrates skin, reduces inflammation and helps prevent future breakouts. It makes an excellent base for foundation keeping skin soft, smooth and quenched without clogging pores. As a bonus it works as a treatment to prevent unwanted bikini ingrowns.
Essential Corrective Complex rapidly heals blemishes, regulates and calms sebaceous glands and prevents scarring. The purse-size roll-on contains tea tree, white thyme and juniper, which all contain powerful natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. Perfect for banishing breakouts on the face, back/shoulders and for healing ingrown hairs.
Sea Minerals nutrient-rich, hydrating mist restores mineral balance to sun-exposed skin. USDA certified organic Patagonian seaweed extracts and Dead Sea Crystals combine with amino acids to promote the skin’s natural ability to absorb moisture and oxygenate. Keep it in the cooler for a beachside spritz or store in the fridge as an after-sun elixir to help reduce the redness from sun exposure.
Undaria Algae Oil is a lightweight marine-based body oil loaded with sea minerals and antioxidants great for optimal aging. This ultimate sun-damaged skin repair absorbs easily with no greasy finish and carries nutrients that firm and tone, deeper into the skin.
Even though seaweed has some natural SPF properties… make sure to always apply sunscreen!
Hello Kitty Suntan Lotion
We tried many different sun tan lotions while at the beach. My family and I LOVE this hello kitty suntan lotion.
The spray is great. Smells great, is clear, and goes on so quickly. We like to rub it in to get an even coat.
There is then a face lotion that rubs in great. It does not turn white later like some other lotions do.
I am 31 and my sister is 28 and we just loved it! I liked putting this on my little girl too! I would definitely recommend this and will probably buy a few more bottles before the summer is over.
Hello Kitty by Australian Gold SPF 30 Lotion and SPF 45 Faces Lotion ($8.99; Drugstores nationwide & AustralianGold.com)
Hello Kitty SPF 30 Lotion and Hello Kitty SPF 45 Faces Lotion safe and gentle mineral lotion formulas are perfect for kids and SPF 30Lotion features a unique, cool fragrance to make sun care fun! Australian Gold combines cutting edge sunscreen protection with Asian skin caring ingredients, Yomogi and Butterfly Bush, to deliver sun protection with exceptional skin care. Signature Hello Kitty design and custom fragrance adds special appeal for Hello Kitty fans.
- Safe and gentle mineral lotion formula
- Yomogi Extract – Considered Japanese “wonder herb” helps beautify skin and reduce sun damage
- Butterfly Bush Extract – Native Chinese shrub with beautiful flowers provides photo-protective activity
- Hypoallergenic; Water Resistant (80 Minutes); PABA-Free; UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum Protection
- SPF 30 Lotion, 5oz, Summer Berry Fragrance (notes of red raspberries, strawberries and smooth vanilla cream)
- SPF 45 Faces Lotion, 3oz, Fragrance-free
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and May 5th is Melanoma Monday, which means it’s time to take a moment to check out some hard truths. According to SkinCancer.org, an expert on the subject…
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. More than 3.5 million skin cancers in over two million people are diagnosed annually
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime
- More than 90 percent of the visible changes commonly attributed to skin aging are caused by the sun
- About 86 percent of melanomas can be attributed to exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun
- About 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers are associated with exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun
- One person dies of melanoma every hour (every 57 minutes)
- A person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he or she has had more than five sunburns
Now here’s the good news. Sunscreen actually works!
- Regular daily use of an SPF 15 or higher sunscreen reduces the risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma by 40 percent and the risk of developing melanoma by 50 percent
- People who use sunscreen daily show 24 percent less skin aging than those who do not use sunscreen daily
Moral of the story. Yes, you can still get skin cancer even when using the proper SPF protection. But are you willing to double, triple, or quadruple your chances by not wearing SPF? Just remember, if you play with fire, you’re likely to get burned.
For the vain person in all of us, here are a few great SPF products that make you look and feel great, while also decreasing your chances of becoming a statistic:
How do you keep your skin protected while you are out in the sun? Here are a few pictures from our trip.